Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Boy, has it been a while

Well, after much urging from my BFF Jana, I'm finally posting again. I'll try to do this more regularly. Let's see, when I last blogged, I was still with child #2. Well, I'm happy to report that Eva arrived on October 20.

It has been quite an eight months. Dealing with my son, Jack and now this sweet little girl.

All my friends with two children told me it is like going from 0-100 in 20 seconds. They did not have my son. With him, it is like 0-400. He is so busy!

We seem to have good and bad patches. We're in a bad patch. Recently, I asked my husband if my voice sounded at the pitch only dogs could hear because for some reason, Jack just ignores me when I'm talking to him. Jon just walked away from me but my neighbor's dog sounded out, so who knows.

For father's day, we decided to go bowling. Anyone who knows anything about taking a three year-old bowling probably would have talked us out of it. More than once, i had to go diving down the lane of another bowler to retrieve Jack's ball that he insisted he throw himself. We did have fun and Jack loved it. I was just happy that Jack did not try to bowl his baby sister down the lane. I'm sure that he did not do that only because he did not think of it in time.

Jon is off in Miami this week, so I'm at home with the two kids. Tonight, I have a date with a bottle of wine and a bed.

1 comment:

January said...

Sounds like the perfect night to me!

Glad you're posting again. You'll be surprised how rewarding it can be. Try it for a week and see what happens.

Sounds like you and the family had a great Father's Day. I haven't taken Alex bowling yet so we'll have to try it sometime. Alex is not the problem--it's Ella, my little wild card. She's the unpredictable one.