Monday, October 08, 2007

BFF



Just got back from Philly to attend the wedding of one of my best friends, Alex. I had such a great weekend. It is so amazing to see so many folks that I have not seen in so long.

Most of these folks I knew in my high school/early college days in Virginia. Back when we used to go clubbing every weekend and have "dance offs." Back when we used to shoot movies until four AM most weekends (Go Leland Files!) Back when we used to travel to DC from time to time and sit on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial until dawn. Back when we used to walk on the beach and lay out covering ourselves in baby oil to get just the right tan (well SOME of us needed to tan!) Back when most of us worked at the movie theatre and some of us worked at the Cookie Company across the mall hallway. Back when we would sit at the banks of the Hague river and read and talk all afternoon. Back when we had a radio show at WODU on Friday nights. Back when we were young and carefree.

While we all do not hang out together that much anymore, it was so great to see how much we are all so different but yet still the same. Some are married, some not. Some have kids, some not. Some still in Virginia, some very far away. Some see each other more than others.

I can only hope that my kids can be as lucky as I to have found such amazing life-long friends.

5 comments:

Dad 2 eight said...

Binkster:
You had such great friends and you all did such unique things. Of all the capers, the Leland Files were my favorite.

January said...

"Back when we used to walk on the beach and lay out covering ourselves in baby oil to get just the right tan (well SOME of us needed to tan!)"

As if! YOU may have needed a tan--the rest of us did just fine, thank you very much!

It was a blast seeing everyone again, including you my dear!

Goodnight, Mom said...

Yes, Jana, there was TOUGH competition in the tanning department! I had to compete!!

Amy Jo said...

What a great pic...looks like old times there! All of you look great too...just like high school! What a fun time you guys had I am sure!

Goodnight, Mom said...

Thanks, Amy Jo! Yes, it was back to the "good old days!"

Sure miss seeing you!