Friday, May 09, 2008

Brrrr, time for a cooold winter!

This came from a girlfriend of mine and I thought I would post. She works for a natural gas company here in TX but I am sure this will be felt across the country:

Just wanted to warn you that the price of natural gas is going through the roof. This WILL affect your electric bill as well. Natural Gas is used to produce electricity. Currently, electricity is about twice the price of natural gas.

At the beginning of the year, we were at $7.50 per Mcf. They are predicting we will be at $11 by this summer and $13 by the winter heating months.

The price of natural gas for the next year will be higher than the prices were during Hurricane Katrina and Rita.

As I told my husband, it is time to bundle up the kids and break out that clothes line!

No comments: