Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Note

So, I got my first note from a teacher yesterday saying that Jack was sent to the office.

I always imagined that at some point I would get one but when he's three???!!!.

I guess I should have been prepared. Towards the end of the school year, I got a note from Jack's teacher saying that one day, he had been put in timeout 8 times. He is in school FOUR hours and had timeout 8 times. But he was not sent to the office.

Yesterday, he was so bad, he was sent to the office. I can only imagine that since they did not send him to the office on the day he had 8 timeouts what he must have done to get sent there yesterday.

Ugh.

3 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I bet jack is a way cool kid...he's being 3. 3 is fun.
8 times for timeouts should tell the teacher that perhaps that this a consequence that isn't working.
maybe they can come up with another incentive. keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, if only Jack could have had my second grade teacher, Sr. Albertine. Time out? In 1948 there was only "knock out.." Yes, an afternoon with Sr. Albertine would have cured the Jackster and saved him 7 additional "times out." One bout with this Nun and it would have all been over.