Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thoughts on a Saturday...

Good Morning, friends.

I'm just sitting here on the computer on a cool Saturday morning. Jon has taken the kids to his sister's house for breakfast so that I could sleep in. Sadly, since I go to work at 5 am, 7:40 IS sleeping in. So, I'm up sitting on the computer and catching up on my reading that I have ignored for the past two months.

I can't believe how time has flown by. We would just go week to week with this chemo thing. Week one, chemo in hospital/doctor's office. This was immediately followed by nights of vomiting and waking up every two hours for diaper changes. Week two, Eva crashes. Maybe another hospital stay/transfusion, maybe not. Week three. Normalcy. That week went by fast. Then, back again to chemo and start over.

Meanwhile, trying to maintain my work and Jack. Pretty much all free time was at home with family and in bed by 8. As it should be, I guess.

We made leaf piles, went to the State Fair, baked cupcakes, rode bikes, played hide and seek, had dance parties.... Now that I think about it, maybe it was not so bad, after all. I mean, except for the vomiting, weakness, hair loss, extreme diaper rash and hospitalizations, maybe having a Fall at home was ok.

Back to today. I have nothing planned for today at all. It has been so long since I've been faced with a Saturday with NO plans. No soccer, no birthday parties, nothing. My work email is even down for the next two days due to maintenance. I can't even do that!

As a matter of fact, my biggest decision that I have to make right now is whether or not to eat the awesome stuffing my husband made for Thanksgiving for breakfast cold or hot. Oh, and sweet potatoes, they are like hash browns, right? Anyone want to weigh in?

3 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Oh, hot, by all means! You needed this day....

Carolyn Wing said...

Stuffing is my very favorite food, I will even eat Stove Top!!!! I hope you enjoyed your Saturday and can enjoy today as well. Sending you a big Michigan hug. Hugs and prayers. Carolyn Wing grandma to Laura Stage IV neuroblastoma carepages.com page name LauraVDB
carolyn_wing@yahoo.com
thegrannyblog.blogspot.com

Laura said...

HEY!!!
We past Pope AFB on our way back from SC and I thought of you guys because that is the location that used to come up on your dad's comments. So Matt and I started chatting about the Doziers and Eva.
Isn't that amazing how blogs can bring us all together?
Happy Thanksgiving to you all...
Did you eat it hot or cold?