Friday, January 09, 2009

Waste of Time

Well, today's appointment was a complete waste of time. Turns out that despite my asking yesterday if the surgeon had the MRI and was all set to meet with us, he didn't and wasn't.

When I walked in, he was his usual jovial self and said, "so, do you have the MRI for us to review?" I said, uh no. Your staff said you had it.

He had reviewed it back in December but did not have it now. He was pretty upset at his staff for dropping the ball. Ugh.

It was just a waste of my time at a time when I don't have any to waste.

He said that from what he could recall, it's a small piece in a pretty difficult area. Yes, already knew that. He made some quick suggestions of what to do based on what he could remember. No need to publish any of that.

So, bottom line is that he said he would call Dr. Goldman, get the MRI, review it this weekend and call us on Monday with a plan.

The only good news is that it is 80 degrees out and I got home at 4:30. So, Jon and the kids are outside playing football. I'm heading out to join them. I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Aaarrgghh.

VB

Amy Jo said...

So frustrating...I am sorry that you had to waste all of that time and effort...not to mention anxiety...hope that will just mean doublely good results this week!