Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

This weekend, I had great plans to go visit my new nephew, James. I have not met him and was soooo excited.

Alas, someone had other plans.

I got home from work and Jack had FIVE days of smiley faces from school (for the first time--woop woop!) I had promised him that the first time we got five days of smiley faces I would buy him a present.

So, Jack and I go off to get his celebratory present. Jon calls. Eva has a fever. Crap.

We called the doctor. I was pretty sure that this was not a port infection that it was probably something like the flu. But, since she has the port, all fevers require a trip to the ER.

Turns out that Eva has pneumonia. Not the really bad kind that lands you in the hospital for a week, thankfully, but the kind that makes you go home and take breathing treatments for several days.

Today, she's back to her normal self. She's a bit tired because we were at the ER until 12:30am but beyond that, she's fine. I'm counting my blessings!

Now, to figure out a time to get my hands on that baby!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Maybe you just need to (ahem) take a sick day and get over there?

January said...

Glad Eva is OK. And Yea for Jack and his smiley faces. Those little victories are so important for young kids.

Hope mommy is able to get her Oscar picks in this afternoon!