Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Confession Tuesday

It's Mardi Gras!

Well, I won't do like I did last year with the themed confessional. Even THOUGH I actually attended Mardi Gras for the first time last weekend! But, it's time for the confessional!
*******
I did not win the Oscars contest this year. I did not lose, that award goes to Jana. Joseph had this uncanny way of picking all the "small" categories like documentary, animated short, live action short, etc. Does Joseph work for PWC and we don't know it???

JoJo, I'll be sending you your trophy. Don't you worry.
*******
Hotmail has allowed us to change our backgrounds for our email. I picked the robots.
*******
MY NANNY IS BACK! MY NANNY IS BACK! After a two week absence for a family emergency, she's back! I'm so happy I don't know what to do. You know what makes me the most happy (well, besides having to not scramble for childcare!)? I won't have to do things like send Jack to school with dirty underwear turned inside out because after working 14 hour days, I had not managed to get the laundry done. WAHOO!
*******
I'm going to give up Diet Coke as my lenten sacrifice. For those who know me personally, this is a major, I mean, major sacrifice. AND my wonderful hubby just purchased a 24 pack that will just sit there taunting me for the next 40 days. Maybe I'll chug a bunch of it tonight. That should not keep me up and wired AT ALL. Beloved Diet Coke, I shall miss thee...
*******
Speaking of awake and wired, last night, Eva would not go to sleep. I let her squirm in her bed (I mean, try to fall asleep) until 9pm or so (aka the end of the Women Tell All episode of The Bachelor). Although, she had eaten a huge dinner, she told me that she was hungry (when is she not? she eats like a teenage boy, no kidding). So, I brought her in the den where Jon and I were watching Sunday's Amazing Race. Don't know if you saw this episode but at one point, there was a challenge to throw cream cakes in the partner's faces until you found the cherry filling. I swear, Eva thought this was the funniest thing she had EVER seen. I got more enjoyment from watching her laugh at this than I can ever say. She was literally rolling on the floor laughing in her usual unintelligible babbling. It was like this, "babble babble babble CAKE!!!! ha ha ha!!!!! Mommy! Mommy! Babble babble babble CAKE!!!!" I'm so scared to see what will happen the next time we have cake at dinner.
*******
Happy Mardi Gras!!!

No comments: