Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Confession Tuesday

Hi all!

Well, thought I would post a couple of quick thoughts for the day.
*******
I'm still coming down off of the news that we got for Eva. I have to say, I was FULLY expecting to hear that the tumor was growing. I can pray and hope all day long that it goes well but honestly, the way things had been going, I was just prepared for some bad news. Then, it came. the good news. The tumor is shrinking all on its own! I still can't believe my ears. What fantastic and happy news!!!!

The plan is to rescan her in May but to check her cathecolemines in a couple of weeks. If the test is normal, we'll stick with the May plan. If we have to scan her before then, well, we'll just make do.

As I've mentioned, tumors grow so quickly. So, we'll know pretty fast if one is growing. Here's to hoping.

For now, I'm floating for sure.
*******
Well, we've been sooo busy around here. First of all, let me start by saying this is my busiest time at work. We are in the middle of our annual campaign (my entire reason for having employment) and I'm swamped. It's going very well, though and we're more than halfway there. I'm just putting in tons of hours. Last week, I worked fourteen hours a day for three days. Ugh.
*******
In addition, I have been sick off and on for a couple of weeks. Jon has been awesome supporting me for the past couple of weeks while I was sick. I don't know what I would have done without him to be there to help!
*******
Speaking of Jon, we had a great time at the school auction. As you might have read, I had some "issues" with my hair! So, I did the best thing I could think of, I bought a hat! Here we are on the way to the auction.


*******
We had a great time. I'm not kidding. We had a great table filled with FUN people. As a matter of fact, we closed the gala down and then went out with our very FUN table. We got some great stuff including a rocking chair decorated by Eva's teacher with all the songs that Eva sings at school. I love it so much. Eva likes to sit in it and rocks back and forth singing her little songs. That was worth it right there!
*******
The other day, I was riding behind a truck. The name of the company was "Amen Gutters". Their tag? "Gutters that last until Jesus comes back." That's SOME guarantee! I mean, really, how much are you going to need those gutters, anyway, after Jesus comes?
*******
I thought it was really important to make sure that Jack knew my cell number.

Here's the problem. Jack calls me nonstop. The messages usually go something like this, "Hi Mom, I miss you. I love you. You're the best. BOOTY BUTT! POOPY HEAD!!" and then some rather foul noises. This is followed by hysterical laughter and then a hang up.

What do I do with that???
******
I had a great Valentine's Day. Usually, Jon and I do not really do much for that holiday. Usually, for me, it's just JANA'S BIRTHDAY!!!! more than anything. But, my hubby called his BFF Neil and we headed to their house in New Orleans for the weekend kids in tow to celebrate early Mardi Gras.

I have to say first, that we BARELY made the flight. I got home from work and went to grab the kids to throw them in the car to head to the airport. Then, I saw it. All the clothes that I had carefully packed were thrown all over the house. Jack had decided to repack the bag with only pajama tops and his lizard/alligator costume.

Now, I had exactly fifteen minutes to find everything and repack before the flight left. I cannot even still believe that we made it and I did as well as I did.

Here's the list of things that I did miss:

-Each of us only had one pair of shoes, the ones we had on when we boarded the plane.
-I forgot the camera and had to rely on my friends to take pics.
-I brought only one shirt, the one I had on when I boarded the airplane.
-I did not have any pull ups for Jack to wear at night.

Thank heaven God made Walmart. Bought the kids some fake crocs, me some shirts, Jack some pull ups and we were off.

I deserve some major organization awards for that!
*******
We had SUCH a blast! I mean, SUCH A BLAST!

Now, let me just dispel anything you might think about Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Ok, maybe Mardi Gras weekend is exactly what you think it might be. Jon told me that the weekend before Mardi Gras was super kid friendly and that they would love it. I was skeptical, having never been there and thinking I was going to have to grab my children and run from shirt-lifting-vomiting-co-eds. Not so.

Apparently, uptown IS very family friendly. I tell you, those New Orleanians have it right. They make it fun for everyone. You want drunk? Go to the French Quarter. You want your kids to have a blast? Stay uptown. And, stay uptown, we did.

They caught beads. They caught stuffed animals. They caught cups. They caught doubloons. They yelled at the horses, danced with the bands and screamed, "Throw me something, Mister!!!" Like nobody's business.

I thought that Eva would just think it was ok. You know, I always underestimate her and her fun factor. The music from the marching bands start, Eva just jumps up and down and dances. Eva had so many beads on her, she could barely walk but she would not allow you to take off ONE strand.

Here are a couple of pics of the weekend. I let Jack keep his lizard/alligator costume.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Kristi. You never cease to amaze me with your incredible wit, great writing skills and your ability to make me laugh out loud several times while reading your posts. Isn't it time to write a book?!?

Amy Jo said...

Well...I know when I travel, I ALWAYS include my alligator costume. You just never know...and it does not pay to be underdressed.

I love you girl! You always make me laugh! I am glad that I am not the only one with crazy children!

Dad 2 eight said...

I just read that "T-Bone" Pickens had one of his portfolios shrink by 97%!!! I hope the "Y" got its cash before this debacle. Ah but not to worry. BO is here and his stimulus. He'll step in for sure. The BO "Y" Yeah. I like that.

Anonymous said...

The whole post was great, but the thing that I laughed out loud at? The Amen Gutters thing. That cracked me up. :)