Well, we had good news today. Eva's catecholamines were normal!
What does that mean? Well, the tumor that is growing is not affecting her at this time.
What does that mean? Well, it means that we are not under the gun to make any decisions about her care.
So, the plan is to still go to MD Anderson for a second opinion. After speaking to several physicians throughout the day, they all agree with the current plan that our doctors are recommending, the sit and wait plan.
They all did recommend, however, that we consider chemo as an option. So, of course, we have NO idea what we are going to do right now.
As most of you know, I am well aware of what chemo does to the body, having done it already myself. This is not my first preference for Eva.
Of course, my first preference is to make sure that we do whatever we need to do to make sure she is still here five years from now. But, if we can avoid putting her through chemo, I sure would hope that we can.
I'm doing ok today. Seem to be a bit gloomy for someone who just learned that her daughter had normal test results. I think it is all the unknown that is getting to me. Do we do chemo? do we do surgery? do we just wait? No one has any clear answers and that is just killing me.
Today, in my boot camp, I had a complete breakdown. I think too much exercise plus too much stress = fall apart. I'll keep the exercise but hopefully lose the stress.
Anyway, that's it. More to come.