Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Confession Tuesday

It's a confessional of Olympic proportions!
******
I've been saving that for a while. If you have not guessed, I LOVE the Olympics. I've so enjoyed watching them this past couple of days. I have so many hours recorded, it has almost filled my DVR. Since I'm not sleeping, anyway, I love the fact that the games are on all night long! Love it!
*****
What do I love most about the summer games? Water polo. Now, that's a sport! I first fell in love with water polo when I lived in Atlanta in the 90's. Atlanta was gearing up for the big games and they were able to host the world cup water polo finals in '95. A friend said, hey, let's go, it's, like, $3 and we get to see the new natatorium that they have built. I figured that I would never be able be able to see the Olympics, so this was the next best thing. I was hooked. I watched the entire series over several days. Just kept going back and back. LOVE that water polo!
*****
When the Olympics finally arrived, I WAS able to see MANY games including the medal round for water polo. It was amazing.
*****
What sport do I dislike? Beach volleyball. Now, let me just say that I am a volleyball player. I even play beach volleyball. But, honestly, is this really an Olympic sport? They are taking away baseball and keeping beach volleyball?'
*****
Ok, I admit it, every time the US wins a gold medal and they play the National anthem, I tear up. I have to hide it from Jon because I'm sure he'll make fun of me. No need to risk humiliation.
*****
Michael Phelps. Rock on with your bad self.
*****
I've been in a bit of a dry spell with my writing recently. Dry spell on the blog, dry spell in writing to my friends, dry spell at work. Guess it would help to sleep from time to time to get the creative juices flowing. I guess. Maybe soon, all will be well.
*****
Ok, one final thing, Jack LOVED seeing his sister on the blog. He thought that was the greatest thing. Of course, he BEGGED me to let him dance.

Jack is obsessed right now with robots. We have robot light fixtures, robot sheets, robot pictures in his room, robot toys. Robots everywhere. So, when Jack busted this move out the other day COMPLETELY on his own(!!!) and I nearly cried laughing. Of course, I told him that he needed to do it to appropriate music.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!


6 comments:

Vicki G. said...

Way to go Jack! You're a great dancer!!

Laura said...

Jack's got it going on.

Lori said...

I feel the same way about trampoline that you do about beach volley ball. I enjoy watching trampoline but as a competitive sport? What?

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Great job, Jack! You rock, big time!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

PS--Jack: you're a mighty good photographer, too. You got it going on with the camera! (at the wedding)

January said...

OMG that is PRICELESS! Jack is so cute I can't stand it. That made my day. Can't wait to show Alex and Ella.

And ...

"What sport do I dislike? Beach volleyball."

Amen, sista! What is up with all the beach volleyball? I'd rather watch nonstop Badminton. Seriously.