Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Five Things I Love About Christmas

My pal Laura, tagged me with the easiest tag I have ever received. Name five things I love about Christmas. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I could go on and on about the things that I love about it. But, since I only can name five, here you go!

As I sit here at my sister's house with children screaming in my ear, I am reminded of #1.

1) Being around my family. I know that many of you have large crazy families. You have to understand how wonderful and stressful and terrific and comforting it is to be around them. My sister and I have children the same age so we have five children between the age of 2 and 8 running around the house nonstop for a week. Some might find this a bit of a beat down, it makes me so happy.

2) The smell of Christmas trees. Can't be beat. Seriously.

3) How happy everyone seems to be this time of year. It is as if people just inject themselves with happiness. I LOVE that!

4) Christmas songs sung by my family. Ok, if you guys had not figured it out yet, we are geeks to the core. I think that my family just wishes that life were a musical because we can be known to burst into song at any time. It only takes one person to sing one note and the whole family joins in. Here's a perfect example. Christmas this year happens to coincide with Hanukkah. So, Jon brought our menorah and we've been celebrating this week here. Well, last night, Jon very quietly lit his menorah. Not to let any tradition slip past us, we all burst into"'Tis the week of Hanukkah", all just for Jon. Yes, nothing makes my husband happier than a room full of Doziers singing songs to him. Bring on the music!

5) Watching the kids open presents on Christmas morning. Awesome.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!!!!

No comments: