1. Today is Wednesday. I'm a day behind. Last night, I had to bring some work home and after redoing a spreadsheet until 11:30pm, I was too tired to write.
2. We had a great trip to Disney. Honestly, more fun than either Jon or I thought we would have as adults. My parents took the kids on Friday for the whole day and Jon and I were off by ourselves. We felt like teenagers away from their parents. You can see us in action here and here.
3. I'm still trying to figure out how Disney can make trash cans have conversations with you. Disney magic, I guess. Probably my favorite moment of the trip had to be when Jack got into a foot race with a talking trash can. I swear, I wish I had video footage of that!
4. One of my great fears is having an elevator fall from the sky when I'm in it. Yes, I know this is irrational but aren't most fears irrational?
5. You can imagine how I felt on the Tower of Terror ride in MGM which is basically an elevator flinging you up and down over and over.
6. This is more advice than a confession but I would not recommend riding a ride that flings you up and down repeatedly after you've had an evening of drinking by the pool. I guess your stomach at nearly 38 is not what it used to be. Ok, maybe it is a confession.
7. Many folks push their kids to play sports that they could not play as youth, etc. For me, when Jack fought Darth Vader (see post below), he was living the 7 year old dream I had.
8. My friend Joseph sent me this link. This is absolutely hilarious (and true).