Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Call You Just Don't Want to Get

On Tuesday, we had a mean storm come through. Anyway, I was at work when my phone rang. It was Jack.

Here's the conversation:

Jack: "Mommy, you might want to be very careful when you go to park in the back yard when you get home."

Mom: "Why, honey?"

Jack: "Well, there is a BIG tree on the house in the back yard so I would suggest (he literally said, I would suggest) that you park in the front."

Mom: "I'm on my way home right now."

So, I get home and low and behold, there is a giant tree branch about 40 feet long in the back yard on the driveway. Fortunately, it landed in the only place that it could without really hitting something like a car or my child.

When Jon got home, we both broke out saws and cut the tree branch so that we could move it. Even after we cut it down, it took three adults to move the darned thing!

As for my parking, well, I took Jack's "suggestion" and parked in the front.

No comments: