Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And so my mind wanders....

Just back from Fest and had a fantastic time. Left Wednesday after work and drove halfway, which is about 4.5 hours or so. Got off to a late start because I was working later than I had hoped and since I did not pack the night before, I still had to pack and remove all the hawaiian shirts and Chelsea Football Club gear my darling husband had packed for my children.

Anyway, it was late and everyone was in the car asleep. And so my mind wandered...

(with apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan)

I am the very model of a modern Fest participant,
For 18 years I've come here in April to go to this event,
Was fired once while working,
For my duties I was shirking,
I am the very model of a modern Fest participant!

(chorus) She was fired once while working,
for her duties she was shirking,
She is the very model of a modern Fest participant!

The music is amazing as you move your camp from stage to stage,
armed with your cubes to guide you, you can find enough to engage,
Gospel, blues and Dixieland,
the stage that used to be Ray-Ban,
The music is a part of why I am a Fest participant!

(chorus) Gospel, blues and Dixieland,
The stage that used to be Ray-Ban,
The music is a part of why she is a Fest participant!

Creole stuffed bread and Monica, conchon du lait and gumbo,
The food tents filled up to the brim are the things that steals the show,
Crawfish bread or some stuffed in a sack,
Too much can cause a heart attack,
The eating marathon is the reason I keep coming back!

(chorus) Crawfish bread or some stuffed in a sac,
too much can cause a heart attack,
The eating marathon is the reason I keep coming back!

1 comment:

Dad 2 eight said...

"And so in matters musical that I would find irelevant,
You are the very model of a Jazz Fest participant."