Thursday, March 06, 2008

There's a Light

Eva just got her chest tube and IV taken out! Wahoo! I swear, five minutes later she was back out in the hallways making her rounds, talking to everyone, waving "hi", unbelievable! This kid can't be stopped!

Right now, she's sleeping next to us so peacefully.

Nothing new to report today except that we should be going home tomorrow....YEAH!

We'll still have to wait for the pathology to come back to determine course of treatment. That, hopefully, will be sooner rather than later.

I can't believe where I was exactly one week ago at 6:45pm. One of the techs from the ER came up to see Eva a couple of days ago and said that they told me at shift change so both sets of staff were there. I can't imagine what that must have been like for them. One hysterical Mom screaming at her husband to call our friend who is a radiologist. It seems like such a blur and like nine months ago.

Thank you, all so much, again, for all your calls, thoughts, cards, food, etc. We are so grateful.

Until tomorrow, hopefully...

Kristi

3 comments:

The Luminous Goat Photography said...

Dear Kristi and Jon,
God is so good. I am glad to hear that Eva's joie de vivre has not been quashed and that your sense of humor has remained intact.
Sending you love from Connecticut. We are up to our elbows in cardboard boxes and looking forward to being closer to everyone. Wish we could be there.
Karen :)

Amy Jo said...

Eva is a strong little girl! What a blessing to see how she bounces right back. You are constantly in our thoughts. I will pray for wisdom for the doctors and peace of mind and spirit for your family.

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how children can be so strong when they're so little! I'll continue praying for good results from the path test. I'm sure you guys will all be happy to go home today!
All my love,
Gina