Sunday, March 09, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

Oops! Wrote this yesterday and forgot to post!

On this gorgeous Sunday afternoon, I thought I would put up a couple of things that I am thankful for:

1) My family. All of them. My sister who flew in from North Carolina. Her husband who took care of their three kids while she was away. My parents who worked the entire week they were here reorganizing my house. Jon's sister, Jill and Jon's parents who kept Jack occupied for the week. All my other siblings who called me and sent care packages. I am so lucky to have them.

2) My Friends. All of them. You know, I have always felt that I hit the lottery when it came to my friends. I have always had such amazing luck with finding such awesome people. Whether it be everyone who called, sent food, emailed, had Eva put on various prayer lists etc., I am one lucky gal.

3) Daffodils. Daffodils are such happy flowers. Maybe it is because they signal the end of winter. Maybe it is because my birthday is the first day of spring and they are the flowers of my birth month. I'm not so sure. The day I left to take Eva to the dr., I drove out of my driveway and glanced down at my daffodils ready to pop. I was thinking, gee, I hope they are in bloom before Jack's birthday party next weekend. When we came home from the hospital last Friday, they were just gorgeous. A special thank you to my father-in-law, Joe who planted all of them for me last fall.

4) 3AM dance parties at the Harding's. Since my dear friends Shug and MJ came into town for moral support, we had a girl's night out at the Harding's Saturday night. After (allegedly) umpteen bottles of wine, three hours in their hot tub complete with our own cabana boys, and dinner served in the hot tub, we decided to have a dance party for four in their den. When I say that it was the release I needed, I don't think that even comes close.

5) My husband. Who not only was my rock during the last week, happily suggested that he take care of the kids so that I could attend said dance party. I am more grateful than I can say.

1 comment:

Dad 2 eight said...

So let me see here. We clean and reorganize the house and you get to drink umpteen bottles of vino, sit in a hot tub attended to by cabanna boys and then dance until 3AM. Something is dreadfully wrong with this picture.

Love

DAD